Food lovers, where you at?
” Eat your breakfast like a King”.
By saying that you know the drill, and it’s the continuation of our Swahili Breakfast Meal Ideas and we shall share 31 meal Ideas. This shall make you explore Swahili Culture through the look of your plate & experience it with a bite of some yummy meal to your mouth.
So, today it’s all about crepes, and there are 2 ways a Swahili man will enjoy his crepes and actually we (The Swahili) call them ‘ “Chapati za maji” and by maji we mean ‘water’ hence no milk is used in these crepes.
WHAT I USED:
- Wheat Flour
- Cooking Oil
- In a bowl add some amount of wheat flour, salt for taste and sugar
- Mix it all and add water
- Whisk well to form a thick liquid & add an egg
- When the mixture is all thick and smooth (no bubbles formed) separate your mixture into 2 different bowls
- Add some drops of Vanilla essence in the mixture
- For Vanilla crepes you may have extra sweet taste by adding more sugar
- Mix well
CARROT AND ONION CREPES
- Add some chopped onions and carrots in the mixture
- Mix well
WHAT I DID
- Place the pan in a medium heat stove
- Once the pan is a little warm, add a huge drop of the mixture into it
- Let it cook on side then flip it to the other side
- Add a drop of cooking oil in the pan & flip your crepes to cook both sides
Viola, You made it! 🙂
Now enjoy your crepes the way you like it.
What’s your fav?
What’s your favorite way of munching down your crepes, I would say with tea. How about you?
You may try this at home & tag me on Instagram @oliviaz_pot