“THE WAY TO A MAN’S HEART STOMACH IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH”
How many of you agree to that quote? Actually I do, just in case you are curious too.
Another time of taking you through Swahili food experience and ladies, (let me start with you) If you ever date a Swahili man and some day he comes back home drank just come back for this recipe and prepare for him some warm beef intestine soup the next morning. It’s an award winning soup for handling the hangover. #ThankMeLater
WHAT I USED
- Beef intestine
- Green beans
- Green bell pepper
Wash and cut the beef intestine into medium size pieces.
WHAT I DID
- Add the pieces of beef intestine in a pot
- Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, some chopped and grinded kothmir, ginger & garlic and let the marination for about 15 minutes.
15 minutes later:
- Now add one cup of water and start boiling it.
- As its half way cooked you add your chopped onions, green beans, carrots and bell pepper
- You may add some amount of water which will turn into the soup we need.
- You may also add chili flakes & more salt and lemon juice per your choice.
And Yeeey, You made it!
Intestine soup is a very popular meal in Tanzania especially for mornings, and it always goes with some side dish such as boiled bananas or potatoes, chapati etc. However beef intestine can also be taken during lunch or dinner with a little twist in the recipes.